A simple, hierarchical, spatial organization system.
Can be used in...
- Web browser
- Music collection
- TV collection
- The mouse cursor can become a bucket, and pick up other buckets.
- Each bucket can contain objects, or other buckets.
- Objects and buckets can have special "view styles" attached to them. (Bits of code that display them in special ways.)
- Applying a view style to a video file could turn it into a playing video.
Applying a view style to a bucket could display and arrange music files to look like an album cover (see Projects/Automatic_Information_Layout_System).
- View styles can even analyze the contents of the bucket and produce new views (i.e. a spetrograph for MP3s)
- Hinted Layouts
- Heuristics for handling different kinds of content
- Telescoping zoom (quickly drilling into nested things)